What is it all about?
The Active School Flag is a Department of Education and Skills initiative, which recognises schools that strive to achieve a physically educated and physically active school community, by awarding them with the Active School Flag (ASF).
The Active School Flag will be awarded to schools that:
- Adhere to DES guidelines regarding PE timetable provision for all students.
- Teach a broad and balanced PE curriculum.
- Inform and invite the whole school community to participate in the ASF process.
- Self-evaluate current provision in terms of PE, Physical Activity and Partnerships.
- Plan, implement and monitor improvements for each of the aforementioned areas.
- Organise an ‘Active School Week’ as part of the annual school calendar.
Our school decided in September 2021 that we would try for the Active School Flag. We are already doing so much in terms of physical activity and we also know that there is still a lot of hard work to be done, but we are up for the challenge!
We are very excited about all the new activities and initiatives that will be coming on stream over the coming weeks and months.
Active Committee 2021-2022
The Active School’s Committee for this year will include two children from each class level from 2nd to 6th class. We will meet once or twice a month to discuss our ideas and plan what to do next in order to keep our school physically active!
For information on physical education please click the following link: PHYSICAL EDUCATION
For information on physical activity please click the following link: PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
For information on partnerships please click the following link: PARTNERSHIPS
Active Schools Week 2021-2022, please click the following link: ACTIVE SCHOOLS WEEK